18.9.15

mosaic musings

I can always love my past loves
putting them safely in boxes
to fetch them
when I wish to make a connection
long lost
but possible still
through things
that remain

love’s residue is also love
not a sum of parts
but a whole in itself
i cant quite separate
each one 
and measure
if it counts

this cannibalistic desire 
for canned jars
of lovers
turning to wine
Stirs in the attic of my stomach
where with each year
a knot loosens

and a line appears
on my face
reminding me
that this one-sided
adoration
is all I have 
Quite like a life measured in “coffee spoons”

someday, I will look back
where they all are neatly arranged
in no special order
but each in its special place
the only place
where I could bear to have them
forever
this mosaic sculpture of my design

I can always love my past loves
reminding myself of Porphyria’s lover
a pathological toying with form
but evading patterns
always moving closer
to the continuous present
of love
and
being

No comments:

Post a Comment